Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I've been thinking

I know it's a dangerous thing when I start thinking, but I've been doing it again.
I have certain things that I struggle with on a regular basis.  The apostle Paul would call them "weaknesses".  I hate the fact that I have these flaws/weaknesses.  I hate that I can't keep myself under control.  I hate that I hurt my relationship with Christ when I fall into the traps of my weaknesses.  It's DISGUSTING.  I mean, think about it...when we do things that we know are wrong, we sin.  So what?  Well, not just sinning, but we're breaking God's heart each time.  I put it into a perspective that I can understand.  It's like doing something that I know intentionally hurts Claude.  That thought cuts me to the core and that is how I'm looking at my sins.  I mean, how many of us intentionally want to break our loved one's hearts?  I think about how proud my parents are of me and sometimes I wonder if they'd be so proud if they knew my weaknesses and could see into my heart.  Don't get me wrong, I know they would love me anyway, but I am glad that only Christ can see into our hearts. 
 
So, I claim Romans 7:15-25NLT.  

v15 I really don't understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it.
v18b I want to do what is right, but I can't.  
v22 I love God's law with all my heart.
v23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind.  This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.
v25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord.  so you see how it is: in my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

THANK GOD INDEED!  I'm so glad He gives mercy to my weak, sinful nature.

No comments: