Monday, November 30, 2009

Just another manic (poopy) Monday!

Ya ever have one of those days when you think it would've been smarter to just stay in bed?!?

So, I woke up this morning with church stuff going around in my head.  We have ALOT of things we are hoping to accomplish by the end of the year (mostly techno/financial stuff). 
I got my Bible and started reading Philippians.  I love Philippians!  It's such an enouraging book!  So, I read Philippians 4 and it talks about rejoicing in the Lord always.  Little did I know that God was gonna echo that back in my head the whole day!
So, I woke Claude up to go to the gym.  While waiting on him to get ready, I decided to put away the clean dishes out of the dishwasher.  I dropped a bowl from a top shelf and broke it all over the kitchen counter.  I didn't realize til later, but pieces of the bowl fell into the garbage disposal.  Yea, that was fun!  Apparently a piece was lodged in the disposal.  It was not pretty.  
Went to the gym and wasn't feeling well.  I think I'm trying to get sick.
Came home and realized we didn't have any milk or cereal to eat.  Made a sandwich with the last of the bread.  (Waiting for payday stinks!)
Went to work on several projects for church.  Just had a hard time focusing.  Another reason I think I'm getting sick.  
Got alot done (at least I think I did!).  Stopped around 3pm and vegged out for an hour then Claude went outside to put up my Christmas lights so I went out to help him.  
All day long, little things kept challenging me.  Things that would normally be nothing were enough to bring me to tears.  What's up with that?!?
With each thing that happened today, I kept seeing Philippians 4's words...Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS.  
Thank you Lord for the good and the not so good things that come my way.  Each one of them are opportunities to rejoice in You.  So "...again, I say REJOICE"!



No comments: