Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Then & now pictures

OK, since March 16th, Claude & I have been working hard to get healthy.  I've been focused on losing weight, but lately I've not been worried about the number as much as the "muscles" I'm seeing!!!  It's cool to look at my legs and my arms and see muscles!  I feel so good about myself and I am loving the fact that NO CLOTHES fit me!!!  It does create a problem since we don't really have any money for me to get new clothes, but I don't even care about that!  I like to "window shop" and try clothes on because it makes my day to see myself in sizes I NEVER thought I'd ever wear again!  
So, here are some then and now pictures to show my friends & family that don't get to see me on a regular basis.  

THE "BEFORE" PICTURES
June 2008 

(Davey & Janelle Kolk's wedding)

July 2008

(at IHOP before my parents & niece left to go back to FL)

February 2009

(Valentine's 2009)

NOW FOR THE "AFTER" PICTURES!

May 2009

Childrens' Church 

September 2009

Marcus & Theresa Barefield's wedding

Aren't we so adorable!?!  Thanks to Chris Thomas for an amazing picture!

Thanks again, Chris, for taking the pictures!  I'm always behind the camera & forget to get pictures of ME!


So, I FINALLY broke 170lbs!  Yesterday morning, I was 169!  I've gone from a size 18-20
to a size 12!!!!!   I am so excited!  I want to be at 155lbs by the end of the year and in a size 10.  I know I won't be able to "get rid" of the "TOP" of me (some of us are just born "lucky" I guess!), but I'm still shrinking in the waist and hips!  So what if I'm a little top heavy!  There are worse things, like having nothing on top at all, right?!?
Anyway, thank you to all the friends and family who've been sending prayers and encouragement my way!  I'm so grateful!  

3 comments:

Cessie said...

You guys look so great! I'm so proud of you for making the hard choices to get healthy....now can you kick my butt into gear? I still have 12 baby pounds to lose and I'd like to lose 10 more after that.

The Nassars said...

Congratulations Sheila!! you look great!

Meagan said...

You guys are so cute!!!!! I miss you so much!!!!!

Luv ya lots!
Megs