Saturday, September 26, 2009

this time of year

I love Florida!  I'm a Floridian and will always be a Floridian!  However, during certain times of the year, I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!!  Actually, the only time I'm not real thrilled with North Carolina is the summer!  Let me tell you why...Florida's beaches are THE BOMB and North Carolina's "ocean" beaches just don't compare!  I love the Gulf of Mexico!  The water has beautiful shades of  blue and the sand is so soft and warm!  North Carolina's beaches are nice, but the water is nowhere near as pretty and the sand is HOT!!!  I mean, scorch the bottoms of your feet HOT!

So, the fall, winter, and spring are the BEST in North Carolina.  
In the fall, we get beautiful colors and cool days with windows down and breezes blowing thru them!  I love sitting outside in my swing and reading or playing in the backyard with the dogs!  I love to watch the leaves float down out of the trees in the backyard.  
In the spring, we get more beautiful colors and fragrances!  I sit on the front porch and watch the Bradford pear tree come alive with beautiful white flowers!  The Crepe Myrtle tree blooms with pinks, purples, reds, and whites all along the street!  There are so many different types of flowers along the different yards, I couldn't begin to describe the colorful canvas!  It's marvelous!
My favorite season has always been the winter.  I guess being a Florida girl, I didn't really get a real winter season until I moved up here!  I remember the first time I saw it snow here!  It was February of 2006 and it was 7am!  I know this because I was so excited that I called my mom & dad to tell them!!!!  I just stood outside and let it fall on me.  It amazed me.  I'm not sure why, it was just amazing to watch.  This last winter's snow was the most beautiful thing I've seen!  It was a blanket of beautiful white!  I made my first snowwoman!  I had a snowball fight with my husband!  I LOVED IT! 
So, this time of year makes me excited!  Some look at it and get a bit sad that the year is almost over.  NOT ME~  
A new one is right around the corner, so I'm gonna enjoy the days left!  
I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!


4 comments:

The Nassars said...

Sheila, your description of your first snow was exactly how it was for me this past April in Tenn!!!!
I woke up at 7am in our cabin to the snowfall. took me 2 seconds to throw clothes on and stand outside while I looked up and watched the snow flakes come.
It was awesome!!
We are hoping to go up for new years, but I'm worried we won't get lucky this time

Sheila said...

Well, hopefully we will be blessed with a beautiful winter again this year and we will both be able to enjoy a "white" winter!

Anonymous said...

It's going to be ending of mine day, however before ending I am reading this impressive post to increase my know-how.
Also see my web site :: electronic cigarette wholesale

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my
Facebook group. Talk soon!

my homepage; videos for free xxx