Thursday, August 7, 2008

God's blessings!

Ok, I've been looking back over the last month and we have had a blessed month personally!  
My family came for a visit, we got to help Davey & Janelle move to Tampa, childrens' church has been WAY cool and alot of fun, the list goes on!
So, my parents brought up a pool for Claude & me!  It's not real big, but it's perfect for us on days when it's just too hot to cool off!  We jump in and float around for a little while and we are set!
Yesterday, our neighbors came over and asked Claude & I if we would help them move a headboard out of a room for them.  We went over and moved it out.  The neighbor says "yea, it's a king size headboard and too big for my little room."  Claude asked them what they were going to do with it.  She said "get rid of it."  So, she gave it to us!!!!  I have ALWAYS wanted a headboard for our bed, but we have a king bed and they are expensive (even used ones).  So, we've just never bought one.  NOW I have one and it was given to us!!!!!

Today, Randy came over to help Claude build the props for the next series.  I believe they are calling it "Rest".  Anyway, I went out to take a couple pics of them.  I am so glad that God gave us a house with a work shed out back! 



The church is blessed everytime something is built out there!!!
Thank you Lord for the little blessings that are a BIG DEAL!

4 comments:

The Nassars said...

the headboard is gorgeous!! And the pool is great too! That is the perfect size! Enjoy!
By the way, I just hooked up with Renee Almond through Facebook. She's all grown up!!!!

Anonymous said...

The headboard is beautiful. We serve an awesome God. We do miss you but we are so happy you are AT HOME in NC and exactly where God has called you.
And yes, Claude looks great.I love the new look or should I say old look revisited.
We love you both,
Mom

Laci Strickland said...

Ok, don't know why I'm just now checking your blog so I'm a little late on some of this, but I'm LOVING the head board!! It's beautiful! I really enjoyed reading this today, what a great reminder of all the blessings we sometimes over look. Thanks- I needed it!!

Papa Strickland said...

Congrats on the free headboard. It does look good in that room. Ain't "free" great. By the way, watch out for that Strickland dude in the workshop. Don't let him hurt himself.
Love you guys,