Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Looking Back!

14 years ago today, I married the most amazing man on the planet!  I know that sounds so corny, but I truly believe it.  God gave me a very special gift on that Saturday!  At 11AM I walked down the aisle and saw this hansome young man waiting for me.  He looked at me like I was the most beautiful person he had ever laid eyes on!  I remember the preacher going thru all the "normal" vows.  I remember his mom & stepdad being there with us.  I remember my dad being so somber!  I remember thinking that my dreams were becoming reality.  You see, I met Claude 4 years earlier.  Now, it may have taken him 4 years to determine that we were meant to be together, but I told my mom 2 months after I met him that I was going to marry him someday!  Granted, he was engaged to someone else at the time (LONG STORY!).  I just knew that God would make all things perfect in His time.  Now, here we are, 14 years later, and it just keeps getting better!  Don't think that it's perfect all the time!  We have our moments!  BUT, I don't regret anything about our relationship.  He is my best friend!  He is the perfect man!  I love him more and more everyday.  I didn't think it was possible to do that!  I adore him.  I admire him.  He is my real life hero!  Anyone who knows Claude knows that he has some amazing qualities.  The most amazing is that he loves me unconditionally.  I am so thankful that I get to spend the rest of my days with my best friend.  The one that I would rather hang out with over anyone else.  So, to the love of my life, Happy Anniversary!  I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.  I truly pray that you are as happy as I am~   Your adoring wife!

4 comments:

The Nassars said...

Ok, read what I wrote on Claude's blog...
Now, to tell on my own hubby: a couple of Sundays ago our SS lesson was from Revelation and it talked of the 'Bride of Christ'. Fred threw out the question to the guys: what went through your mind when you saw your bride down the aisle. There were a few smarty remarks, then silent. SO I said 'Fred, what were YOU thinking'. Again, the class chuckled, but then Fred said: What I am about to say, I've probably never said this to Valerie. I am not very good at expressing my feeling, but when I saw her, I thought she never looked more beautiful. I had a real "WOW" moment'.
Now, you know Fred... I was speechless. :)

Anonymous said...

It brought tears of joy to my eyes when I read yours and Claude's blogs. I believe the two of you are perfectly matched because God planned it that way. I pray that you will always keep that "newly wed" feeling as you grow old together.
I love you. Mom

Kim said...

You guys are so awesome and a true testiment to God's love and commitment to marriage!! Thanks for sharing your lives and love with us too!

Anonymous said...

Good words.