Monday, November 17, 2008

Been too long!

OK, first I must apologize that I haven't blogged in over a month!  
I have no other reason than it's just been a LONG month and alot going on!  It's not all been great things, but most of it has been great!

I was reading my devotions yesterday and a really great verse just jumped out and grabbed me.
1 Timothy 1:15-16
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.
But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on Him and receive eternal life.

In my life, I've found that I struggle with the same things on a regular basis...anger, jealousy, resentment, lack of compassion for others.  These things are so hard for me to control.  I get angry and resentful so quickly.  I am definitely not known for my compassion!  I am so quick to look at others and be jealous instead of content where God's placed me.  
This passage really gave me a small peak at how God's heart works.  He gets glory from me when His "unlimited patience" is put to work!!!  I don't know how He does it, or even why, but I'm in awe that He loves me that much!  I think about parents and their children and the love those parents have for them.  I've told Lora on numerous occasions that I don't know how my mother survived me!  The standing joke was that if I had been the first child, I would've been the ONLY child!  (Lora has a child like me and so she tells me things about this child!)  I sit back and think "Only a mom can love that way!"  But, in reality, God loved us so much more than even our moms.  
I am so thankful that in spite of my shortcomings He still loves me!

Thanks, Mom, for never giving up on me and for showing me Christ's love everyday in the way you loved us!  Thank you for the heritage of that!


In case anyone is wondering, my personality comes more from my Dad than my Mom!  I've seen this look from her MANY times!!!!!

6 comments:

The Nassars said...

Welcome back!!!! I have missed you!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back. I look forward to reading your blogs. I appreciate your openness and the encouragement you give. It also helps me to know more about what is going on up there. I know you are too busy sometimes to just chat on the phone.
I love you.

Kim said...

Welcome back! I appreciate your honesty and humility in your posts. We could all learn a thing or two about patience and putting God's word into practice.

Dean and Mary said...

Sheila,
I've missed your blogs. They are always such an inspiration. I love seeing how God is touching your life and how open and honest you are with us.
Mary

Sheila said...

Thank you everyone! It's really great to know that some people read my blogs! I have a tendency to go on and on and on...! I've missed not blogging!

Gentzlers said...

Amen to all those comments. I was getting ready to send you an email and ask what was going on that you were not blogging!

Love ya,
Kathy