Friday, November 28, 2008

One sad note...

This past week has been fabulous..with the exception of one thing.  Now, anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I am a perfectionist!  I want to do things well and be the best at whatever I attempt to do.  Well...... I failed this week.  :(


I attempted, for the very first time by myself, to make a HOMEMADE banana pudding.  My mother-in-law taught me how and walked me through the first one.  This was my first attempt to do it on my own.  I was suppose to take it to the people's house that we were going to for Thanksgiving dinner.  However, I burned the meringue (obviously, by the picture!).  It was in our oven for less than a minute and this was the result.  I called my mother-in-law to see if there was any way to "save' it, she said to start over...the whole pudding?!?  NO WAY!!!  She told me that it was a good thing that I caught it before it CAUGHT ON FIRE!!!  Claude said he would eat it and just pick off the meringue!  That's why I love him!!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean start all the way over, just re-do the meringue. silly nilly girl.
mamadonna

Dean and Mary said...

I was going to say the same thing. Just scrape the meringue off and make some more. The pudding should still be wonderful. : ) And you have the best husband in NC. You guys are great. What wonderful role models. : )
Love you!
Mary

Sheila said...

WELL! SInce I don't like meringue anyway, we decided to go get whip cream to put on it instead!!!