Tuesday, December 2, 2008

3 years ago...

Yesterday, December 1st, marks 3 years that we have officially been "North Carolinians"!  I remember it so vividly the day (night actually) that we left.  We packed our Uhaul, went to one last dinner with my parents and my older brother, Murray.  It was my Murray's birthday  My younger brother, Philip, and his wife, Sarah, were too busy that night!  My wonderful sister-in-law chose THAT night to have my niece, Rose!  She was born just before we headed out.  I will never forget those feelings that night.  I was so tired...mentally, physically, emotionally.  I was sure we were suppose to go, but I didn't want to leave my family and friends.  My niece would never know me (not true, but so I thought at the time!).  My nephews would forget me (also, not true!)  I would miss not being able to hang out with my Mom and Dad.  Who would I be able to go shopping with if my Mom and my friend, Cindy, were in Florida and I was 800 miles away?!?  What about the kids at our church that we would be leaving behind?  Who would be there for them when they needed to talk, or cry, or anything else that came with being a kid?

I have never felt so scared in my life!  I just knew that we HAD to go.  God told us to move, He laid the groundwork for everything to fall into place for us.  We had no idea what we were getting into, but we knew we had to go.  
I can honestly say that I have not regretted moving.  I miss my family on a regular basis.  The pictures I get from my Mom and my brother make me yearn to be near the kids.  I know, though, that God has given me so much back for what I felt like I was leaving behind.  I have made wonderful friends here!  Claude was able to be here for his Mom when her husband died.  I never thought I'd ever have kids that I loved as much as the ones we left back in Florida.  I was so wrong (and very glad of it!)  We have a bunch of kids that God's allowed us to be with!  I've been blessed to be able to go back and see everyone on a fairly regular basis!  He's been so good to us!
So, on this anniversary, I am so glad that God moved us here!  
Jeremiah 29:11
"I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".  
AMEN!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys are an ispiration to us about following God's plan even though it seems like such a HUGE leap out of your comfort zone!

Love you guys!


Now go have some Bojangles to celebrate :-)

Gentzlers said...

Thanks for the great testimony of God's hand in your life, especially when He was calling you so far out of your comfort zone!

Happy Anniversary.

PS ~ We miss the FL people too ~ we just didn't move with a ton of them! :)
Kathy

The Nassars said...

you are still missed in Fl. but I'm glad we can stay in touch through the magic of the internet!

Davey Kolk said...

thanks so much for the card!