Friday, December 12, 2008

Taveling Light, take 2...The Lord is my Shepherd

"Sheep are dumb!  Have you ever met a sheep trainer?  Ever seen a sheep do tricks?  Know anyone who has taught his sheep to roll over?...No.  Sheep are just too dumb."
"...And defenseless.  They have no fangs or claws.  They can't bite you or outrun you..."(although I have seen them out jump Claude!!!)
"...What's more, sheep are dirty.  A cat can clean itself.  So can a dog.  We even see birds in birdbaths or a bear in a river.  But sheep?  They get dirty and stay that way."  
These are some excerpts from Traveling Light by Max Lucado.  

At first, you read these and think, I'm kinda offended by the fact that I'm being compared to a dumb, defenseless, dirty sheep!  But, in reality, we ARE like sheep!  When it comes to truly knowing what is best for myself, I don't.  When it comes to really fighting the spiritual war (and winning) I can't.  When it comes to washing away my own sin and being made perfect, IMPOSSIBLE!  
I think David, being a shepherd, understood all too well just how much we are like sheep.  We need our shepherd.  We would not survive without Him.  

4 comments:

The Nassars said...

hey Sheila,
can you email me your email address? the one I have keeps bouncing back to me...

Anonymous said...

ill triad you a sheep for a brick!!! haha


and sheila btw what about all thoughs SHEEP you got!

love you!!!

Jenn said...

BaaaaaaaAaaaaa, I'm definitely a sheep!

Jenn said...

Also, I wanted to thank you and Claude for welcoming Jordan into youth as you have. She is excited about youth, and it means a lot for her to feel so welcomed.

We will find out her surgery date this Thursday. Please remember Jordan in your prayer.

Blessings, jenn