Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Here's another one Mom!

So, I talked with my Mom yesterday and she mentioned how Claude, Jason, and myself don't blog as much as we used to.  Well, Claude and I have just been busy.  I try to, but get busy doing other things and forget.  Like last week...I thought I had posted a blog about Claude & I going to Raleigh for a 2 day getaway.  I guess I didn't!!!  I had every intention of doing it, I just got busy and apparently forgot!
Claude has been busy doing church stuff!  New series, new graphics t-shirts, new stage project, new childrens church wing prep, etc.  It's been hectic, but hopefully it will slow down a bit after Mother's Day.
Jason's excuse is that he "twitters" now.  Personally, I think it's a lousy excuse!  But, hey, who am I to stand between a man and his techno addiction!?!  No, it's been busy for all of us!  So, I'll let Jason have that excuse too!!!!!

We are at Claude's mom's house tonight.  His brother and fiance' are in town from Florida, so we are doing the BBQ thing at her house tonight.  I felt a little weird, but they are having hot dogs, brats, mac N chesse, and baked beans. So I brought healthy food for Claude & me to eat.  Which leads me to my next item of what's been going on...
Claude & I have been working out at a gym for about 6 weeks now.  At the very beginning, we measured ourselves. Last Friday, we measured ourselves again to see what progress we've made.  SO...Claude has lost 20 pounds and 5 1/2 inches in his waist!!!!!!!  Now, here's the shocking part...I've lost 20 pounds an 4 1/2 inches in my waist!!!!  My chest size didn't change too much (much to my disappointment and Claude's pleasure!).  I was just shocked that I had lost as much weight and almost as much in inches!  Anyway, I am going to go with the trainer for another 5 weeks in hopes of losing more weight.  My goal is to lose 30 more pounds by summer!  I actually feel like this is within reach.  I haven't felt that way in a LONG TIME!!!
So, that's what's been going on for me.  I will TRY to do better blogging.  I promise!

7 comments:

Council Family said...

That is AMAZING!! Keep getting your butt kicked, it's the only way I've started to loose those "baby pounds" or should I say "toddler pounds" by now!!

The Nassars said...

Go Sheila! Go Sheila! Go Sheila!!

Cessie said...

I told you you were looking skinny! You rock!!!!

Caroline said...

Congrats Sheila!! Work it girl!! Are you still at champions??

The Boyle family said...

Cool beans Mrs. Sheila!! :-)

Missing u,
Megs

Sheila said...

thanks for the encouraging words everyone! We are to a point now where I actually look forward to going in to the gym. It's still hard work, but after seeing & feeling some results, it's enough motivation to be excited!
Thanks!

Dean and Mary said...

Congratulations Sheila and Claude. I know it's tough work. I've gained your 20. : ) I need to find the time to do some walking and working out for me. I know I'd feel better about myself if I did. I'm so proud of you. I know you have the motivation and a great workout partner to keep you going. Can't wait to see some pictures. Love you my friend.