Monday, April 13, 2009

WHEW!

So, we had an AWESOME turnout at the Easter egg hunt Saturday!  We are estimating around 1000 people came!  We had a great mix of ethnicity!  Everything went so smoothly!  As one of my small group buddies said, no children were hurt, crying, or lost during any of the even so it was a TOTAL SUCCESS!!!!!!
Claude & I were discussing it and we guess that we were on our feet for close to 24 hours of the Friday/Saturday experience!!!  It was worth it!

Sunday's church was great too.  We had several families that came to the event show up at church the following morning.  We had 27 in childrens church!!!!!  It was alot of fun and HOPEFULLY, I can get some of the video from claude and put it on my blog (yea, right!!!).  

BEFRORE I FORGET(like that's even possible!)... we were given a very special blessing Saturday afternoon!  We got home from the egg hunt and took a little rest.  Then, we decided to head out and grab a bite to eat.  As we were leaving, Claude checked the mailbox for mail.  We had a thankyou card FILLED with gift cards from all over town (check out his link for details)!  I can't tell you what a nice "pick me up" that was!  So, to whoever sent us these wonderful blessings, thank you so much!  It is truly OUR BLESSING to serve and work with Discovery Church!  We love you all!

No comments: