Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's been awhile!

OK, so I admit that I am NOT a great blogger!  I was talking with my wonderful husband at dinner tonight about the fact that I'm not very sure of what exactly my gifts are, but I KNOW they are not techy stuff and blogging!  
Now, about my wonderful husband...I am so proud of him!  It's been quite busy around here with the big Easter Egg Hunt, Crosslink, The ROCK, graphics for church, etc.  He just keeps going and going (like the energizer bunny!!!).  He's been sick this last week and it's just now going away.  Claude calls it the "phlemy stage"!  I'm just happy that he's feeling better.  I hate having to watch him be miserable and not be able to do anythng to help him.  
Anyway, he's a blessing to me as well as so many others!  I'm so honored to be his wife.  I don't think I tell him enough just how much I love him and respect him.  I see so many ladies come and go that love their husbands, but it's hard for them to respect them because they are not men of integrity.  It makes me realize how blessed I am to have a husband who puts God first, then me, then his job.  Now, that might sound strange since his job is the ministry.  But, I've learned from very wise women (and men!) that God calls men to be husbands and spiritual leaders in their OWN HOME before they can be leaders in their church.  Claude does that!  He is my hero and I am so proud to belong to him!  
So, to my friends and family members, take a look at your spouse.  Do they reflect what God calls them to be in your relationship and in your home!  I hope so!

2 comments:

Michelle Lodeserto (Santoro) said...

Awww this blog was so awesome to read because it's true. I can't even imagine not being married to a man who didn't put Christ first, then me, then his job (even if his job is his ministry). Because actually, we all should consider our careers our ministry reguardless of what we do. God uses us in our workplace and ultimatly we are working for him, not our boss. When a husband doesn't put God first (just to name one thing) he will then rely on his wife for "everything" but she can't fufill everything, she's only human and is going to fall short at times. But when a man puts God first, he relys on him for everything instead and understands that his wife is not perfect and is not going to hear everything he says (all the time) or do the right thing all the time but yet he will still love her through it all. Which by the way, leads to her respecting him even more! Ahhh, the love and respect circle. Thank you for this blog- for a reminder to encourage our husbands to grow closer to God each day as we grow closer as well.

Sheila said...

Thanks Michelle! You summed up some things that I've thought about alot lately! You are wise beyond your years lady!!!!!