Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One more thing I forgot...

Last Wednesday, when we weighed in at the gym, I weighed 191 lbs.  I know you can't believe that I am telling my weight.  But, something I am learning is that the first step of conquering a battle is to admit that there IS a battle.  SO... I have lost 20lbs (you do the math!), but I still have 30lbs more to go.  Well, Friday I wasn't feeling that great and I knew we had a LONG night ahead (more of the project we are working on!), so I skipped the gym.  I know, I know, it sounds like a cop out, but I read in a health magazine that a day off is NOT the end of the world.  And we HAVE been going 5 days a week faithfully!  So, I didn't feel too guilty about it!
Anyway, Friday night was a BAD night for me.  I had some popcorn at the movies, and I ate some fried sweet potato chips with my grilled chicken strips at dinner.  Now, THAT made me feel guilty!  Sunday at church, I was talking with my friend, Kim, and I told her I can see how an alcoholic could "fall off the wagon" because food is my addiction.  It would be so easy for me to fall back into my old eating habits.  
So, Monday morning I went and weighed in...I was nervous about what I had eaten.  SO>>> I lost 2 more pounds!  I am not sure why or how, but I was excited!  I am downed to 189lbs!  
So I have 28 more pounds to go!  Keep on keeping on!!!!!!

6 comments:

Council Family said...

That totally rocks!! I am so proud of you and Claude, too! AC

Sheila said...

Thanks Anna!

Anonymous said...

Why to go Shelia. I am proud of you. You can do it.

Dean and Mary said...

Go Sheila Go!!! I am so proud of you. Way to go. And talking with others and having them help you be accountable is the way to do it.

Jenn said...

Sheila, you are my hero!!! I so need to do this...and would you be my accountability partner? I'd love for Claude to be David's as well, but David has to work this out for himself.

We are almost there to the point of "can't take this anymore".

Weight has been a struggle for me since I was a little girl. Should I honestly tell my weight on the blogger...yikes! Lets just say...I weigh more than your starting point was. Uggg, there, I did share a bit!

We'd love to be a part of a gym but right now it is just not in our budget at all! I do enjoy working out in a gym though!

I've decided this week that I am going to begin cutting out breads and sugar (refined foods), and try to eat a lot of salmon and vegetables. Salmon baked with olive oil and citrus seasoning is soooo delicious! I need to make some for us one night and have you and Claude over for dinner!

One problem is, a majority of the healthy foods that I soooo enjoy eating, my family won't touch!!! :-\

Gentzlers said...

Congrats, Sheila! Keep on Keeping on!

Kathy