Monday, May 25, 2009

strange thoughts from last nite!

Last night, the girls met for the last week of Bible study on the book we've been doing.  I sat down with them and they wanted to know if Claude & I were leaving!  WHAT?!?!?!?!?
OK, so here's how it started:
  • I've been secretive about my "senior project".  
  • I've texted the youth that they REALLY needed to be at youth for the next 2 weeks.  
  • I started off the study with a story about a phone call we got from Lakeland, FL!  
  • OH, and to top it off, they've been pestering Claude about WHY they needed to be at youth  So, Claude tells them that I have something to tell them and it's going to make them cry like little babies!!  
"What's going on?" "What's happening?" "Why is it so important for ALL the youth to show up tonight?"  It was a very strange night!  I told the girls that unless God moves us, we are staying PUT!  It made me happy that they would miss us if we did move.  It also made me stop and think about what else God has planned for us, for Discovery Church, and for Greenville, NC.  
Listen to this song.  It's Discovery's theme for 2009 and everytime I hear it, I get chills.  Listen and ask yourself  "What does God have planned for my city?"



No comments: