Monday, September 22, 2008

Celebration of a life lived for Christ!

The funeral of my grandfather turned into a testimonial of his life and how he lived it for Christ.  I had a few tears I shed, but mostly loved the memories shared and the stories told about him!  I can honestly say that it was easier than I expected it to be!  thank you to everyone who prayed for us.  The Lord brought comfort and peace to myself and my family.
On a brighter note, I got to spend some time with my cousins that I haven't seen in years!  We grew up spending summers together and just lost touch as we became "busy" with life!  What a nice upside to an otherwise somber day!

My mom's younger sister and her family!
(l to r)
Danny, Jessia, Michael, Sherry, Uncle Dan, Aunt Sharon, Danetta, & Seth



Two of my grandpa's remaining siblings:
Aunt Ruth & Aunt Rose


My grandpa's "little" brother, Uncle Johnny
(tall folks run in my family!!!  He's 6'7")


My mom & her sisters:
(l to r)
Darlene, Warren, Mom, Dad, Sharon, & Dan



No comments: