Monday, September 29, 2008

God's grace

Well, if anyone who reads my blog reads Claude's or Jason's blogs, you'll have to bear with me (and them). It's been a very long and heartbreakingly difficult week for our church.  
I am so very thankful that God called us to ministry, no matter how hard it is at times.  He gives us so much grace and mercy.  All He asks in return is for us to love Him back.  With that type of love, we have to understand what it means.  If we are going to love Christ, we HAVE TO LOVE OTHERS.  It's not a choice, it's a command!  1 John talks about this clearly.  So, my question then is this...why do folks who claim to be Christians have a hard time loving and be merciful to other Christians who have let us down?  I am so frustrated with folks who want to "talk the talk", but not "walk the walk".  We have so much grace given to us EVERYDAY.  Why do we have such a hard time giving that grace out to those we claim to love as friends?  I am not saying that we have to forgive & forget.  In my opinion, we shouldn't be too quick to do either.  But when a person's heart is broken over their sin, we should love them enough to step in beside them and help pick them up.  I just want to see the action of grace more readily in those who claim Christ in their lives.   
Thank you so much Lord, for the daily ABUNDANCE!!! of grace and mercy You show me.  Please help me to do the same for those around me.  
Thank you for calling us to this privileged place of ministry.  I am so proud to be used in a small way to help others come to know You.
Thank you for the REAL LIFE that allows for us to have REAL OPPORTUNITIES!  
Please protect the leaders in our church.  Protect our church and keep satan from having a foot in any door of it. 
Please heal the broken hearts and restore the true joy that only You can give.  Guard those who've been hurt.  Keep them strong and safe from satan's attacks.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Right words at the right time...

Thanks Sheila..Wuv ya :-)

Dean and Mary said...

Keep that focus up above Sheila, he'll guide you and wrap His loving arms around you to get your through this. We live in a "Me first" society. And unfortunately that goes for a lot of people that say they are Christians. People read their Bibles and pick and choose the parts they want to keep/obey. And the rest is easily disposed of. Unfortunately, God calls us to read it all, learn from it all and act upon it. God doesn't call our life of ministry and easy road. He tells us by reading about Paul that a life worth living is a life worth of uncomfort and sometimes pain. Just keep your eyes on Christ and he'll work this all out.

Love you,
Mary

Sheila said...

AMEN and thank you Mary! Don't misunderstand me, I love what we're doing. I just get ticked off sometimes at the "pick and choose" people! I still love 'em!

Jenn said...

beautifully spoken...thank you for sharing your heart about this...