Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Keeping in step!

Galatians 5:25
Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

It sounds like Paul is describing a dancer and the perfect partner.  The dancer must learn to follow the beat of the music and keep in step with it.
Sometimes, it's difficult to be led by the Spirit and "hold our tongue"!  It can be difficult to avoid popularity and, instead, repeat that juicy piece of gossip we heard.  It's difficult when the Spirit leads us to be humble and move to say "I'm sorry".  It's difficult to step with the Spirit and release the resentment we feel when we think we've been wronged or unappreciated.  
I can say all of these things with certainty because every one of them I've done (or many times, failed to do).  
Everyday, I should be asking myself "Who am I being led by?"  Am I being led by myself, with my emotions, pride, and fear?  Or, am I being led by the Holy Spirit?
Just something to think about. 


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yes, definitely good thinking here.

I'm in a situation right now, where I really need to be in dance step with the Holy Spirit...

Thank you for sharing. Blessings, jenn

Sheila said...

Thanks for the words Jenn! Wow, you're up early!!!
BTW, I'm praying for Jordan and her upcoming surgery! Let me know if I can do anything else!