Monday, January 12, 2009

Paul's commitment

So, after the last blog, I am feeling better because I've been able to "get things off my chest".  I also had great people encourage me and let me know that they are there for me to pray and talk if I need to!  
This morning, I got up and got some coffee, fed the animals, and sat down for my quiet time.  I picked up my Bible and opened it to the place I left off Saturday... 2 Corinthians 12.  So, I am reading Paul's letter and I am amused that the verses I read this morning are the exact verses that I thought about last nite!  Paul "boasting" about his flaws.  Now, I am in NO WAY boasting about my flaws.  I just thought to myself, how divinely timed this was!  
It is against my nature to truly pour my heart out (like the last blog!).  It makes me feel so vulnerable and weak.  I then read Paul referring to his challenge and how he will "boast all the more gladly" about his weakness so that God's power can rest on him.  THIS is my desire.  I want to reach the point of giving in to my own nature and allow my weaknesses to be evident so that Christ can be made powerful in them.  OH MY WORD this is hard for me.  I HATE being weak.  Perhaps this will be my resolution (although I don't make resolutions!!!) for '09.  To become weak (and not be scared of being weak) so that Jesus can become stronger in my life.  

No comments: