Monday, March 17, 2008

Crosslink

Let me brag on our student ministry for just a minute. I am continually in awe that Claude & I get to work with such a fantastic group of adults! But there's something about the teenagers that's just a total RUSH! They are so enthusiastic about God and each other! It's amazing what that does for us as leaders! Almost every week, there is someone new whose been invited by one of the students. Last night, we had 2 first time guests. One of them was invited by her sister! WOOHOO!!!!! I can't stand it! It's so awesome to know that these kids are so excited about what's happening that they are telling others about it!
One of our girls did a paper for school about her youth group, Crosslink. Last night one of her friends from class came! How cool is that!?! I don't think I've ever been around teens like this before! I can only say THANK YOU LORD for allowing me to be a small part of this amazing group of kids!
On that note, we have a great group of adults who give their time to these kids every Sunday night! Thanks to all of them!

4 comments:

Jason Ebeling said...

that's great! keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Our youth are so Awesome. I always knew they were great kids but until I started working w/ them I really didn't see how great they all are. I love seeing God moving in so many of them. I am missing 2 weeks in a row so I am going to miss it, but I can't wait to get back.

Derick

Laci Strickland said...

I love this post Sheila! Randy and I were just saying the same thing to each other yesterday. We have been so impressed with the relationships they are building together and with their friends at school. It's funny how God works- I'm sure most of us help with the youth trying to bless THEM and they are blessing US! What a reward it is to be a part of Crosslink!

Kim said...

I am constantly amazed by the youth here as well. God is realling working on these kids and it is evident in their growth and knowledge. It is a privilege to be with you ALL on Sunday nights!!