Friday, March 21, 2008

Something else I love

Most of you know that Claude & I came from FL. We worked with children & jr high students. What you may not know is that we worked so much with young people that we didn't have much involvement with adults. When we finally did get involved in a small group in FL, we were called to move here within a few months. Needless to say, we didn't have much time to develop those relationships. When we got here, we started meeting with a small group in our home. It was slow starting, but over the last 6 months, it's florished and the group has grown both in size and in the building of relationships. I have to say, it's been so awesome! We have been able to bond and form friendships that go beyond church.
Last night, we were "persuaded" to step out of our comfort zone and "split" for the next 6 weeks. Now, in my mind, I know why a split is necessary. However, in my heart (and the hearts of several others in the group), it's very difficult. In fact, IT SUCKS! We have grown to love and care about each other. We've grown to trust each other enough to open up and be ourselves (even me being a brat!). It's a hard thing. After our "persuader" left, we had a chance to talk and vent and just put out on the table how each of us felt. It was amazing. It reminded me of why I love our group so much. Each person was genuine with their thoughts and it made it easier for me. I have a hard time with change. Even more so when I feel pressured of pushed. But my group helped me to work it out. I am so grateful for our group. I love them because they allow each person to be who they are, but encourage us to grow and move when God needs us to move. So, for this reason alone, thanks ODD 1 & 2!!! You are a blessing to me and thank you for allowing the Lord to use you to move me (even when I don't want to!!!).

2 comments:

The Nassars said...

you and I are cut from the same cloth, girlfriend!!
I am struggling myself adapting to a new environment. I have been working hard at staying in touch with my "old" friends as well as trying to establish new ones at 1st brandon... boy, this transition is not easy!

Sheila said...

I miss you! Thanks for reminding me of the cool friends we have down there! Love ya!