Thursday, March 6, 2008

My first day

Well, This is my very first blog! I must say that I impressed myself by setting it up all by myself. With that said, it wasn't THAT hard! Still, I am a computer-challenged person, so this was cool for me.
I am on my own today as my husband, Claude, is having his first "God Day". You see, he's the family pastor at the church we attend, Discovery Church (WOOHOO!) and he is suppose to take certain amounts of time weekly and set it aside for GOD ONLY. So, he's heading to a park in Kinston, NC to meditate, study, commune, and listen to God. I am glad that he gets this time away. Sometimes, it's hard to listen and hear what the Lord wants from us when we are busy listening to the stuff going on in our daily lives. I guess that's why we struggle in our daily lives. We don't hear what God is saying to us. Maybe we should each set aside some time (other than our devotion time) to find a quiet spot and just listen to the Lord. What could we hear if we really listened for His gentle quiet voice? Interesting thought!

2 comments:

lykos33 said...

Claps hands...yoo don gud, evan speld evrythin rite,Love ya RMB

Sheila said...

Thanks big brother! Miss you!