Monday, March 24, 2008

With friends like that...

How many of you have friends who when you are in the wrong will call you out on it? Studies show that most people would say they only have one or two "real friends". Well, I think that it's probably zero or one! I started thinking about it after a phone call from my friend, Lora. Now, it's taken me a LONG time to feel like I can open up to her. After all, she's practically perfect in every way (Just kidding Lora!!!). She actually hates that! However, what I've learned is that she's NOT perfect. She struggles with things just like me. Alot of her struggles are strengths of mine, and my struggles are her strengths (obviously, she has MANY MORE strengths!!!). The point is that she is one friend that I know will, in a loving, Godly way, call me on something that she sees I need to fix in my life. I love her for that! Now, I hate being wrong and I hate being told that I'm wrong, but I realize that it's a part of life to be wrong. I need to be willing to fix or change whatever it is in my life so that I am not a stumbling block to someone else.
BTW, I have 2 other friends like that. Diona & Cindy. Both of these wonderful ladies live in FL and I miss them, but I am so grateful for their love and the acceptance. They take me as I am and see me through our Father's eyes! I only pray that I can be this type of friend to Lora and to my lady friends back in FL. Proverbs 27:6

No comments: