Thursday, March 13, 2008

Unleashed

OK, we are in a conference called "Unleashed" in Anderson, SC. The church hosting is NewSpring. They are an amazing church! The first thing I noticed when we drove up to their parking lot was that the parking attendants WAVED and SMILED then pointed us to where we were suppose to go! Second, as soon as we got out of our van, there were several volunteers standing nearby to "greet" us! Just asking us where we're from and things like that! Then, we walked up to the registration tent and one of the volunteers made an announcement about where we were from and the entire tent of volunteers started cheering! That's soooooo cool!!!!
Now, the first couple of songs were a little hard for me (you've read about my love of hymns!!!), but then I just prayed that God would minister to me the way I needed and the very next song was AWESOME! I don't know if it was me/my heart changing or an actual change in the music, but it was great! The pastor, Perry Noble, spoke and it was fabulous. He gave me alot of things to think and pray about. My first break-away session was on finances (and I am not really qualified, but God called so I am answering until he replaces me *** Hurry LORD!!!)
Now, after lunch, I am going to one on volunteers and hospitality. I was suppose to go to one on youth/student ministry, but Claude wanted it so I'll submit!!! Anyway, maybe I need more training in how to motivate volunteers than Claude (OF COURSE!). Anyway, that's all for now, but I will try to blog again tonight to let everyone know how it went!
I AM SO PSYCHED! I wish we could've brought more folks from Discovery. Just to hear about the things going on here, it's really contagious! That's all :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Woohoo! Sheila has a blog. Have a great time---I can't wait to hear all about everything you have learned! {{HUGS}}

Sheila said...

Thanks Kim! Can't wait to get back and share!