Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sweet Southern comfort!

We finished the conference and I must say that my favorite part was the pastor, Perry Noble, and his main sessions. I really enjoyed his talk about Moses. He made some really great points about the lead pastors and things that they "battle". One point he made just stuck in my head. He talked about Moses using his staff. Then he pointed out that no one knows the weight on the shoulders of the senior pastor. Now, it got me thinking. I've seen some of the pressures that Claude dealt with when he first started (and juggled 2 very different jobs). Then, I've watched our senior pastor and it made me realize that we have no clue what they have to handle everyday in the ministry. When we can go home from our jobs, they take it with them. When we can turn our cell phones off, theirs stays on. Their homes are like hotels or sometimes even a psychiatrist's office for those who need to "talk"! They rarely get any real time off or time away. Now, our jobs need to be that of the "staff" that "Moses" leans on. We need to come up and support him. We need to find ways to lift him up and support him. We need to pray for him.
(especially Jason!) So, I challenge you to find ways to bless your pastors! They give and give and sometimes there's not much left of themselves. So let's pour back into them when we can! How better to honor God than to bless His "called"!

On another note, we've been staying with some sweet friends from FL who moved to SC a few years ago! The Imhofs (Tom & Sandra) live only 20 minutes from where the conference was held, so they were gracious enough to let us stay with them! We have enjoyed the fellowship so much! I didn't realize how much I missed them.
We took a walk thru their downtown tonight and it was so quaint. It reminded me of what it must have been like back in the late 1800s. The homes, the community, the people. It was so neat!
That's all for now!

2 comments:

The Nassars said...

Please say you took pics of them!! I haven't seen or heard anything about in a long time. How are they?

Sheila said...

I did not pics, but they are coming to Greenville to visit at the end of March (I think) so I will get some then and send them to you!