Wednesday, March 12, 2008

On Monday, we received news that an old dear friend from our church in FL had passed away. Then, on Tuesday, a sweet friend from Discovery lost her father. I don't know the spiritual condition of the father, but the dear friend in FL was a Godly man who gave everything to His Lord. Claude wanted to fly down to be at the funeral, but we just can't make it happen, so he was upset by this. It's funny how God shows you things even when you are not looking. Last night, I was reading a book called "Then Sings My Soul" Vol.2. (A book on the origins of favorite hymns.) I came across a song that I remember singing as a girl growing up in church. "Higher Ground". The verse just reminded me of how much rejoicing and praising that Robert must be doing now that he is on HIGHER GROUND! The 2nd verse says "My heart has no desire to stay, where doubts arise and fears dismay; Though some may dwell where these abound, my prayer-my aim is higher ground"! I LOVE THIS! So, even though my heart hurts at the loss of a wonderful sweet man, he's on higher ground with my Lord. HALLELUJAH!

in memory of Robert Wimberly. You'll be missed, but we'll see you again!

4 comments:

The Nassars said...

I bought that book a couple of years ago and still haven't sat down to read it... maybe I'll do that this week.

Sheila said...

It is really a great book! If you enjoy the hymns now & again, you'll find it interesting to see how they came about! Miss you Val!

Dean and Mary said...

I needed to hear that Sheila. I was so sad to hear his passing. I know he is home with the Lord, but I will miss his ever sweet spirit visiting me at school.

Sheila said...

I have been thinking about how much joy and love he spread to anyone he talked to. We can know that he is having a huge celebration with our Lord!