Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back in the rythm...sorta

We got back home to NC Monday night around 7:30pm.  It was a LONG trip home.  Once we landed in NC (around 3pm), we had to grab lunch, then drive 2 hours to New Bern to drop Claude's mom off, then another hour to get back to Greenville.  WHEW!  I am sooooooo happy to be home!

Yesterday,  I spent the morning catching up on the financial stuff for church.  It was a long day there too!!!!  Then, last night, Claude and I went to ECW's (local wing joint) for his birthday dinner.  It's fairly cheap and he had a surprise waiting there for him!  The teenagers wanted to surprise him by coming to dinner too!  I think he really enjoyed it!  We had to say goodbye to 2 of our graduates who leave this weekend for college in Raleigh.  I was sad.  I love these girls.  Well, at least it gives me a GREAT reason to go "shopping" in Raleigh now!!!!!

This morning was HEAVEN!  Claude and I got up and went to the gym!!!!!  I know, I know! That sounds ludicrous!  But, it's been almost 3 weeks since we'd been able to work out and I really missed it!  We had a special bonus when we weighed in too!   Claude is down to 214lbs!  He lost 1lb while we were gone! (I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but considering how and what we ate while we were in FL, it's an absolute miracle!!!!)  I was nervous about getting on the scale, but I lost weight too!!!!  I am down to 172lbs!  I only have 7 more to go to reach my original goal!  NOW, my new goal is 155lbs.  It seems a bit out of reach, but hey...so did 165 when I started this!

Claude left today around 12:30pm.  He and Jason are now in Anderson, SC for a 1 day seminar at New Spring Church.  The pastor, Perry Noble, is one of my FAVORITE speakers!!!  He's a good ol' boy with a heart for Christ and he doesn't mind "telling it like it is"!  I hope they enjoy themselves and get alot from the seminar!  

Getting ready for bed now.  I want to get up early and head to the gym!  

No comments: