Tuesday, August 4, 2009

interesting thought process...

Folks follow my blog, folks follow Claude's blog, folks follow Jason's blog, etc.  Well, I was reading Jason's blog and the follower that "pushed my buttons" was Dean.  I clicked on his blog to read the stuff he'd written recently.  He said something that made me think...

This, like every responder so far has defended the Pastor and not, the doctrine. I know, it's not popular to actually be a Bible believer, or use the scriptures as they are intended to be used as 2ND Timothy tells us in...


  • 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

  • 2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

This is interesting to me because he's claimed that Paul's "gospel" is the gospel truth that we should be following and that basically the 4 gospels are "old testament" preaching.  
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that contradict itself?!?  You can't quote 2 Timothy 3:16 that states ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God and then turn around and say that Paul's teachings are what we should be following.  Paul's teachings are inspired by God, however, so are the other parts of the Bible!  You don't get to pick and choose what you want to believe. If we claim to be followers of Christ (NOT PAUL!), we must accept the Bible in it's entirety.  
I know it sounds simple-minded to some, but that's what I am...simple-minded.  The gospel truth is easy and simple.  Christ came and was born sinless, died, rose again, and is the only way to God the Father.  It's THAT SIMPLE!

And BTW, in Paul's words:
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.   Romans 15:4

4 comments:

Cessie said...

Amen sister! Preach it girl!

Sheila said...

Thanks! God reveals things at odd times!

Gentzlers said...

I second Cessie's response!

Love ya,
Kathy

Jennography said...

Sheila, I agree with what you have shared on several points. Thank you for sharing truth.

I too have responded, within his blog comments. He and I have been having discussions.

I'm praying that he will see God's love in our sharing of the truth. It is so difficult for me to correct in love sometimes; I find myself having trouble with it LOTS of times.

Let's pray for one another! Pray for me...and also let's continue to uplift our brother Dean in prayer. We are all in the family of God, and I for one fall short and don't get things right...far too many times to count!! :)

love you, and miss you friend!

Oh...I soooo love your blog header photo!!! It is soooo cute, and it is just "so you" with being your fun loving self with the youth!

Hope to get together with you, when you return and things settle down for you guys. Praying for you, Claude and your families!!