Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Shoulda stopped while I was ahead!

OK, I don't know why I go to this man's blog.  Apparently, it's the fighter in me!  I get riled up reading his "rightly divided" truth.  So, I'm reading his blog and find that he has a tendancy to contradict himself and use scripture quotes to suit him when needed.  For instance, this is a quote from his post on August 1st:

This, like every responder so far has defended the Pastor and not, the doctrine. I know, it's not popular to actually be a Bible believer, or use the scriptures as they are intended to be used as 2ND Timothy tells us in....


  • 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

  • 2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


Doctrine, reproof, correction, for instruction in righteousness. Doctrine schmoctrine. Reproof, can't have that. Correction, no way, we can't offend the tithers. Instruction in righteousness, that one's okay as long as we follow Jesus. Burger King was not the first to offer a "have it your way" menu, churches have been operating that way for way too long. Perfect, furnished unto all good works cannot be accomplished until you get the doctrine right, and that requires reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness. But who cares about the doctrine? Do you?

Then, his response (on August 5th) to comments made on this quote:  

If you misunderstand 2 Tim 3:16 in thinking all scripture is OUR doctrine, you have made an egregious error. All scripture is inspired by God, but not all scripture is our doctrine. It is so obvious if you compare and contrast doctrine for Israel and dcotrine for us in this present dispensation of the grace of God. 
 
I must say, reading his stuff confuses me and in no way is profitable!  Not for doctrine, reproof, correction, or instruction in righteousness!  I just need the simple truth of Christ, his love, his mercy, and the salvation He's provided to EVERYONE...including this man who is seriously lost in his interpretation of scripture.  
BTW, reading his "teaching" makes me think about Catholicism and the priority they put on Mary over Jesus...Paul over Jesus...get my point!?!  They may have great intentions, but can still be completely WRONG!

3 comments:

Cessie said...

Sheila, I totally get what you're saying....I can't read his stuff because it literally make me angry, like I can FEEL the anger in me, and I don't like feeling that way! I have been wondering though, if so much of the Bible, according to him, is only meant for Jewish readers, than what's the point in having a Bible? We should only have one with the books written by Paul, you know? Why, as a Christian, would we ever need to know anything about Jesus' ministry here on earth unless we were part of the nation of Israel, right?! AAAHHH, he makes me crazy!

I'm so grateful that God gives us His Spirit, that testifies to Truth, so that we can weed out the wrong teachings that are handed out by some seriously misguided folks. I'm grateful to be a follower of JESUS!

Sheila said...

AMEN SISTER! I don't mean to sound mean, but he does make me angry because there are folks who read his blog and take what he says as the absolute truth. That's scary to me. They are being told things that are not sound. It really irks me when he talks about the gospels as the "OT"!!!!!!!
Thank God for Jesus and the simplicity of His gift of salvation!

Dean Hewitt said...

hmmmm