Friday, August 7, 2009

A long 2 weeks...

It's been a long 2 weeks here in FL.  Claude's brother, Tony, is showing small steps of improvement.  We were told last nite from the neurosurgeon that he is pleased with the signs of progress he's seen.  We are still waiting for the drs. to put a trach in so that they can take Tony off of the meds that are keeping him in the coma.  He's opened his eyes a couple times, he's smiled and cried a couple times.  We are so grateful for the prayers that everyone has been sending up on his behalf.  Keep praying.  The waiting game is hard to do.  It's normally hard for me because I am NOT one to sit and do nothing!  It's really hard for Claude because he IS one to sit and wait, but he wants to fix this and he can't.  We are needing to wait on God's timing and when a loved one is involved, that's very hard!  

We miss being home.  We miss our family here, but our hearts miss our home and friends in NC.  It's nice to see old friends here and they have been coming out of the woodwork to see us. We just know that God MUST HAVE called us to NC because that is where our hearts are now.

My parents have been so great!  They haven't put any pressure on us as we come and go.  My mom has been my "Calgon"...you know, "Calgon! TAKE ME AWAY"!!!!!  She's pulled me away just enough so that I don't go stir crazy sitting in the hospital!  She's taken me shopping (which anyone who took my quiz about me knows is my FAVORITE way to relax!).  She's made sure that there's been food here for us so that we spend as little as possible financially.

Speaking of that, just be praying for our finances too.  We had money set aside for our "anniversary trip" at the end of August.  Well, obviously that's not going to happen!  We've used it for this trip.  Thank God that we had it!  Money is pretty tight.  We know that the Lord provides so we aren't too worried.  It's just one less thought to deal with!

One last prayer...my eyes.  They have been giving me some trouble over the last week.  They are puffed up and hard to open (especially in the morning).  I know it is due to stress and lack of sleep.  However, there's not much I can do about it down here.  I have some salve that I am putting on the lids to keep me from scratching/rubbing them.  It helps to some extent, but it's just VERY annoying!  

Thank you all for the prayers and the love!  We are so blessed to have the family and friends that we have!  We love you guys.  There really are no words to say how much we appreciate everything that's been done while we're gone!

3 comments:

Gentzlers said...

Sheila,

I'm so sorry that you guys are going thru this. I'm praying for you, dear sister!
Kathy

Jenn said...

We miss you guys too and thinking of you and your families.

Sheila said...

thank you so much for the prayers. We are REALLY ready to be home. I'm tired of hospitals. It's amazing how much I want to cry and we've got nothing to cry about! It's all good though! We'll be home soon and Tony is showing great strides in recognition and response!