Monday, August 17, 2009

There are times, believe it or not, when I am not sure what to say to people.  
When someone tells you that they almost always feel like they are on the outside looking in, what do you say?  
When someone tells you that it hurts them when others pick on someone that they care about and they can't understand WHY people just can't be kind and loving, what do you say?
When someone tells you that there is an issue going on that HASN'T been taken care of (and I thought it had), what do you say?

I'm at a loss.  I can only pray and cry out to God to show me how I can be a better example to those around me so that I CAN ANSWER these people, if not in words, in actions.
It breaks my heart to know that these folks are struggling with these specific things.  
I can relate to the first scenario because there have been times when I have felt like the outsider looking in.  So, I cry with them and silently ask God to help them see just how special and unique they are.
I am not as tenderhearted as I want to be so the second one is harder for me.  If it were me, I would want to fight!  I do occasionally get angry enough to cry, but not with such unselfish love as this person had for their friend.  So, I lovingly tell this person how much I envy her sweet, tender heart.  It truly is a gift from God.   
I am truly frustrated with the issue that has risen it's ugly head YET AGAIN.  I can't stop thinking about it.  The fighter in me wants to tackle it head-on.  Yet, I keep hearing my mom quote the scripture "Be still, and know that I AM GOD".  So, for now, I am praying and listening in hopes of hearing the Lord's voice telling me what I need to do (or NOT do!).
I am praying for guidance on how to better do what He has called me to do.  Please pray with me.

No comments: