Wednesday, August 19, 2009

shootin' the breeze!

I'm reading a book that we may be doing a girls' Bible study on and I gotta tell you, I can't seem to put it down!  The title is "Lies Young Women Believe, and the Truth That Will Set Them Free". 
I've been reading it for just a couple days, but it's amazing how on the mark the author is about what girls think.  I LOVE the fact that she backs up each Truth with scripture and then challenges you to commit it to heart so that you can bring it to mind when the "lie" resurfaces.  

Lately there have been quite a few "lies" that have reared it's ugly head in our girls.  I want them to be Godly, strong, confident ladies who know the Truth!  I don't want them to go thru years of questions & lies that so many women I know (including myself) have.  
You know, the girls of today may be struggling with the same GENERAL issues that we as adults struggled with, but with one major difference.  Satan is running out of time and he has to destroy and ruin as many lives as he can before the Lord comes back.  He's making a last stand to bring as many young girls down as possible.  My prayer is bold...I'm pleading with God to protect our young ladies until they truly understand that satan is a LIAR!  He will stop at nothing to ruin them.  Once they get that, then the Truth of Christ's love will be all they need to fight.
OK, now I will get off my soapbox and go back to some reading/studying!

No comments: