Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Who You Know

Know that the Lord is God.  It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.  Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.  Psalm 100:3-4
My devotion yesterday morning has been sitting on my heart so I thought I'd share it.  
Based on what Matthew 16:13 says, Christ asked His disciples "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"  What would we tell Christ if He asked us that today?  What are people saying about God in this day & age?  I say, some would say he was a good man.  Some might even say a prophet or a teacher.  Some may even say just some guy whose suppose to be this savior of the world.
But in verse 15 He asked "Who do YOU say I am?"  This one made me ponder and had me crying by the end of my writing.  I say He is the One who loved me so much that He was willing to leave the glory of Heaven to come to earth and save me!  He's my Savior!  He's my loving Father, the One who hears my heart's cry and comforts me.  He's the One who gives me daily blessings, the One who love me in spite of my ugly heart.  He's my King!  I belong to Him!  
So often, we as Christians, shout "I do believe!", but in the very next breath, we cry out "help me overcome my unbelief!"  My challenge for myself is to start taking God at His Word and to really know Him better.  (1 Kings 18:21)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of the beautiful Christian lady you have become. It brings tears of joy when I read of your love for the Lord and comments from others regarding how God is using you. I miss you and wish we could be closer but I would not want you to be any other place than in God's perfect will. Continue steadfast in Him. I love you.
Mom

Sheila said...

Well, here's the kicker...I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for you and Daddy & the foundation you gave us. I don't know how many times I've told people that I wish you could be more like you! I love you mom!