Friday, May 2, 2008

What a week...

Well, it's been a interesting & challenging week!
Sunday morning before church, I received a call from my brother in FL. My mother was at the emergency room in Tampa having severe pain when she tried to breathe. OK... I needed to panic right about then. I had this information and could do NOTHING to control it or help. I was 800+ miles away, couldn't contact my dad to find out more details, and we are about to start children's church. OK...
Monday, we went to dinner with a couple from church who have been talking with Claude & I about their relationship and their future plans. OK... we love this couple, but they are young and it's a bit nerve-wracking to think that they are planning their future at such a young age.

Tuesday, I went to a impromptu bridal shower for a young lady. OK... don't know much about their relationship except they haven't known each other very long so. OK... I am praying that the Lord is and will be the center of their marriage. I hope/pray that they realize there is more than a wedding that happens... there's a marriage and life after the honeymoon.

Wednesday, worried about my mom. OK... still couldn't do much and hadn't heard much from the doctors about why she was in pain when she tried to breathe. Had breakfast with my accountability partners. Shared things, realized there are quite a few marriages that are in dire need of prayer and God's help. OK...

Thursday, went to lunch at SCHS with Claude & Laci. We had "4" lunches! Our youth group is spread out amongst ALL 4 lunches and we didn't want anyone to feel left out! It was fun, but I definitely am glad I don't have to eat cafeteria food!!! Even chick-fil-a was EEEWWW!
Also, went with Stricklands to look at a bus for church. OK... loved it! Still, there are several different things to consider and the price was higher than we want to spend. All in all though, loved it!

Today, took the day to go and visit Claude's mom in New Bern. It's relaxing and fun. OK...

So, thru all the things that have gone on this week, I've determined a few things.
PRAYER is so vital to me!
I could do nothing but pray and cry out to my Father to be with my mom. I prayed for strength to help me not to take on worry for something unknown.
I could do nothing but pray and beg the Lord to be with the couples who are planning futures. Pray that their lives are so filled with Him, that their futures would glorify Him NO MATTER WHAT!
I could do nothing but pray for the handful of marriages that are falling away from Him. Ask my God to open eyes and soften hearts. Cry for the mistakes and pray the Lord's healing of those hearts.
I could do nothing but PRAISE GOD! He allows us so much by working with the students at DC. These children & students are like our own! (Except we can give them back when we're done!!!)
I could do nothing but ask for God to guide and provide. He knows our hearts and desires with the bus! We only need to seek Him for the right decision.
So, my lesson learned this week was I COULD DO NOTHING...but pray. (Phil. 4:13)

2 comments:

surebeatsworkin' said...

I have a sick Gradmother up in NH and I feel the same way as you do about being so far away. You feel helpless. You comments made me think about 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. {But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.} It is when we reach that point of helplessness that we can rely only on Him.

Sheila said...

You know, I really appreciate your thought on this. It's such an encouragement to me. His grace IS sufficient!