Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stir crazy

Something's terribly wrong with me!  I am laying in bed at 11:36pm and I am blogging!  Why you might ask?!?!?  Because my pastor "stole" my husband from me!  They all went to Washington DC for a couple of days for a preaching conference of some sort, so I am by myself.  It's ok during the day because I find things to do and can occupy myself.  However, I DON'T LIKE SLEEPING ALONE!!!!!!  It's weird how you become so comfortable having someone with you at night.  I know it sounds kinda corny, but I like  reaching over in the middle of the night to make sure that Claude is there and that he's sleeping peacefully.  
It's funny how we take people for granted until they're gone.  It makes me think of my mother-in-law and her loss.  It's been 11 months since Donna lost her husband, Bobby.  I know that she struggles to get to sleep every night.  She may get 2-3 hours in, but it's pretty restless.   
My point is that the little "highlights" of our lives shouldn't be forgotten or overlooked.  We should count those blessings daily and thank the Lord for them.  You never know when your life could change and you lose a special someone or a parent.  Don't miss the opportunity to TELL THEM what they do for you!  Everyone likes to know that they brighten someone's life.  Don't just assume that they know it!  TELL THEM!