Monday, May 12, 2008

What God does


Yesterday was Mother's Day.  I will admit that it's not my favorite day, but I love calling my mom and talking to her.  I love watching mushy "moms" movies.  I loved having my mother-in-law over for dinner (Claude grilled out!  IT WAS GOOOOOOD!!!).  
I received some pictures from my brother in FL.  He knows how much I miss my nephews & nieces.  I was amazed at how much they've grown just in the 6 months since I've seen them!  I just adore them so much!  Anyway, my brother knows that those kids fill a hole in me (you know, the "desire to be a mom" hole).  They are fun, energetic, happy, healthy, beautiful kids.  
When reading my devotion today, it talked about how God is in every circumstance and that He is in control of everything that happens.  As Christians, when we let worry, anxiety, or resentment in our lives, we sin.  WOW.  I didn't like that at all.  Let's be honest for a minute, we've ALL worried about something at one time or another.  We've ALL been anxious at one period of our lives.  We've ALL dealt with some form of resentment in our hearts for something we feel should/shouldn't have happened to us.  For me, Mother's Day is one of those "resentment" days.  Each year gets a little better.  I make myself look at the "kids" I DO have!  I love our children in childrens church!  I am nuts about our teens in Crosslink.  They fill the hole in me too!  
God KNOWS what He's doing!  He didn't see fit to give me biological children, but I've got a bunch of "adopted" kids!  He's blessed me with a husband who loves to work with kids.  He's a creative fun guy whom the kids adore!  What more could I ask for!?!
BTW, my niece, Rose, LOVES CLAUDE!!!!!  Don't mind ME, her biological aunt, she's enamored with Uncle Claude!  
And, although he would never get mushy about it, he adores her too!  She got to him like none of the boys ever did!!!  I guess it's the Father/daughter thing that happens to a man!  Or perhaps it has something to do with the fact that she is SO MUCH LIKE ME when I was her age!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Something I have to learn to be more thankful of all of the "yeses" in my life vs. the few "nos"!

Happy Mother's Day to the Mom who touches the most children XOXO

The Nassars said...

I'm glad you had a nice day. I thought about you.
And God knows EXACTLY what He's doing...

Dean and Mary said...

We love you both so much!! All the kids that you touch and work with are so darn lucky to have the both of you. May God continue to bless you both as a couple and as a ministry team.
Much love from your Florida family!
Mary&Dean

Sheila said...

Thank you all for the sweet thoughtful words! The children we've been blessed to know over the last 13 years have given us much more than we've given them! I know God makes no mistakes so it's all GOOD!!!
thanks for being the encouraging friends that I need! Love you all!