Monday, June 9, 2008

Blah, blah, blah...

There's been alot of "busy work" happening this past week.  The 'blings were on vacation in TN, so Claude & Randy picked up the slack!  Even though it was busy, it was a good week.  There's always a refreshing feeling after coming back from a few days off that helps make getting back into the swing of things a little bit easier!!!  
The youth group, Crosslink, has us busy for the next 3 Fridays!  We have 2 trips to green springs planned (if you don't know what green springs is, go to the Discovery Church website and look at the photo gallery!  plenty of pics!).  The kids are more excited about green springs than they are of our "hopeful" trip to Kings Dominion in VA.  I'm not sure why it's so appealing to them.  Perhaps because it offers them a little piece of the good ol' days type of swimming hole.  Do you remember when we could just head down to the river or lake and go swimming.  Do ya remember heading there and thinking about all the friends you'd see there because that was where everyone went to hang out and have good clean fun together?  I remember my parents used to live on the Hillsborough river and my big brother would go swimming in it.  I was too young and by the time I was old enough, I believe they'd stopped letting him swim in it because of the gator that decided to make his home nearby!  Anyway, my parents would take us to different springs to go swimming (probably why I love the cold water & not so much the beach!).  Those days are gone, but green springs offers these kids a little bit of the past simple fun that we as adults use to have growing up.  I'm ok with that!

BTW, I just love our youth!  I haven't said that in a while so just needed to put it out there!  I love working with the childrens church too, but there is just something about those youth that just blesses my heart!  I think it's because at my age, if I did have kids, they'd be teenagers by now and so it's the natural progression of things!  Cool, huh!?!  God knew what He was doing by giving us little ones when we are young enough to have the energy for them! Then, teenagers when we are old enough to ask Him "Why did I ever have kids?"!!!!  

No comments: