Monday, June 16, 2008

Yesterday's news

I had a great time at church yesterday!  Childrens' church was fun!  We learned about how to improve on your prayer life!  The kids played a game with this parachute that Claude has.  The thing is HUGE!  The game was a blast and the kids learned about variety in their prayers.  We had a great time.
We got home from church and I called my Daddy to tell him Happy Father's Day.  I miss him like crazy.  I never really thought of myself as "daddy's girl", but now that I look back I guess I was.  I've always been a tomboy and I can remember playing sports with my daddy in the stands cheering me on!  I guess my brothers saw it before I did.  They knew they were loved, but I was the only girl!  Daddy's girl.  
Anyway, before I talked with my Dad, Claude had decided to call and talk to his dad.  They haven't really spoken since Claude's stepfather's funeral last June when things got a bit sticky.  Anyway, Claude called to wish him a happy father's day.  The call didn't go as well as hoped.  But, the effort was made and that's what's important.  

1 comment:

The Nassars said...

it's funny, this past weekend I think it's the first father's day that it dawned on me the lack of a father figure in my past. Felt kind of weird, though not sad, really. SO I sent Bill a father's day e-card. Made me feel better! :)