Sunday, June 22, 2008

Busy weekend!

Sorry it's been awhile since I blogged.  I tried blogging Tuesday, June 17th, but my internet kept going down and I'd lose everything I blogged about, so I finally gave up!  
Thursday morning we woke up to hundreds of forks in our front yard.  The Youth had struck!  However, we learned thru informants that a youth LEADER was the brains behind it so we're waiting to get her back (a 2nd youth leader was in on it but forgot to show up Wednesday night.  He thinks he's off the hook since technically he didn't do anything, but we all know that Claude won't let THAT go!)  BTW, they struck the Ebeling house too!  Then, Thursday, ALL DAY, we kept getting text messages saying "Hold On To Your Fork"!  (Listen to the podcast from Sunday, June 15th, for more on the fork story!)
Friday, the youth with to the Dixon's pool (the Dixons are a family in our church who have been AWESOME to us and to the church!)  Anyway, they opened their pool up to us anytime we want (I could definitely abuse that offer!  Remember, I'm a Florida girl!  Sunshine and water is a MUST!!!)   I have pictures so I'll try to upload them in another blog.  I've been having issues with my blog and getting pics to upload.   We had so much fun!  It was nice (about 86 degrees) and the water was so refreshing!   
Saturday, a CROWD from Discovery Church braved a nasty storm and headed to Wilmington for Davey & Janelle's wedding!  It was the coolest wedding I've ever attended!  The bride & groom sang a "Love Song" (that was the title) to each other and to God!  Davey's dad married That night, we had set-up.  It was a bit scarce because alot of folks were gone (still in Wilmington!).  It went well though!  Claude got home around 11:30PM.  It was a LOOONNNGGG night!   
Church was great today!  The music was wonderful despite the fact that poor Randy has been sick for the past couple of days.  He can't seem to keep anything in.  Please pray for him.  He looked bad this morning.  So much that he went home and the band played without him.  Now THAT'S BAD.    Children's church went great too!  We had a great group today and lots of fun with our lesson & the game that went with it.  
That's about it.  I will finish uploading the pics and try to get them on the blog!

No comments: