Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I had to...


Since we've been back from our trip to the mountains, I've had several peo
ple ask about the B&B we stayed at; so I am going to post some pictures. 



The front yard is huge.  It has a brook running along the road at the entrance.  It's not big, but it moves enough to cause the "babbling" effect!
There's also a hammock and a couple of chairs nestled near the brook.  (The hammock hung a little too low for Claude!  He had a hard time getting out of it!!!  I laughed so hard I cried!!!


The backyard has a beautiful patio that runs the length of the house.  It has tables & chairs, but my favorite things were the rocking chairs! 
 
There were birdfeeders that provided nourishment for the abundance of wildlife!  I say "wildlife" because we had our very own chipmunk that would aggravate the birds and rob the feeders!  It was fun to watch!



They had a nice view of the mountains from the back patio too!  At night, you could see a small cross made of lights on top of one of the mountains.  We tried to take a picture of it, but it was just a blur of light!






The ladies have done a great job of planting flowers around the house that make it so colorful and pretty!   They even use some of the flowers as garnishments on the breakfast plates!  They must have a green thumb!  It was fun taking pictures of the various flowers.  SO MUCH COLOR!

I asked the Carolyn if they had planted all of the flowers and landscape.  She said that some of it was done by them, but some of the shrubbery and flowers were already there, it just needed to be pruned and "babied".  The back patio had a cart full of potted flowers. It was really neat!  
The neighbor found out that the inn had quests and she brought over some flowers in a vase that was from her garden.  
They were so beautiful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheila!! You will never believe who this is?????? I just happened to find this. I know...are you still guessing??? If you want to know call me at this number. (813)293-1646

The Nassars said...

This place looks like a haven! and you will have to let us know who the anonymour poster is!

Sheila said...

The post was from a friend I've known since I was in diapers! (Literally!) My friend, Tamara, and I grew up together at Temple Heights. Her mom & dad and my parents were friends since before either of us were in the picture! Last time I saw or talked to her was years ago in Lithia, FL.