Monday, June 29, 2009

ALOT has gone on...

OK, it's been a little while, but I can honestly say it's been very busy!  With the ebelings gone on vacation, it seems like everything HAD to happen NOW!  
The bad stuff first... The teenager I asked prayer for a little while back.  Her dad went home to be with Jesus on Saturday, June 20th (yea, the day BEFORE Father's Day).  The family had him buried in a town called Jefferson, which is about 7 hours northwest of Greenville.  While they were gone, we took care of their dog and the day they were to come back, our youth went to their house and cleaned it up.  The guys mowed the yard, trimmed the bushes, weedwacked, and basically took care of the outside!  The girls washed tubs, sinks, toilets, dusted, swept, mopped, and pretty much anything else that needed to be done!  I was so proud of them!  they gave up a day just to help out a friend who needed some extra TLC!  Here are a few pics!

Claude made sure that the medical stuff was out of the house before they got home and then he and Kyle put the youngest son's bed together and put his things up around the room for him!

I had a "better" picture of them.  It was their "backsides" while they were cleaning, but I decided to be nice and use THIS picture instead!  They owe me for that!!!!!

I was impressed with how much work the guys got done outside!  They were out in the heat for a couple hours making sure it all got done!

What a terrific group of young people!

This is EXACTLY what we felt like doing by the time we were all done!

All this took place on Thursday, June 25th.  NOW, on June 26th, we had our summer pool party at the Dixon's house!  It was a blast!  Here are some pics of that!

3 "man" chicken fights!

LOVE this picture of Megan (far right!). on the left is her cousin, Michelle, and the guy is her little brother, Devon.

I'm so glad these guys are secure enough in their masculinity to help each other out!

Neat "moving picture" I got of the 3 doing flips into the water!

Cool group!

We had 1 first timer come join us that day!  It was really neat to have him there!  We also had 2 kids who came as "2nd timers"!  I just love how these kids keep inviting their friends!!!!

OK<<<
There is more to tell you about Friday night! But, it is late and I am having difficulty typing now!  So, I'm going to bed and I will try to remember to finish tomorrow morning!

GOOD NITE!

No comments: