Friday, June 19, 2009

A blessed wife!


To most people these are an ordinary pair of sunglasses.  Well, they are!  This pair, along with a red flame pair, were bought by my wonderful husband quite a few years ago.  We went on a trip for our anniversary and I fell in love with these sunglasses.  Claude bought us each a pair (a "his & hers" set!).  We've since bought other sunglasses, but these are ones I wear for yardwork, the beach, swimming, etc.  
So, today, we went to Green Springs with our teenagers and I packed my sunglasses in my beach bag.  I ALWAYS wear these when I'm in the water.  Anyway, somehow today while I was in the water, I was knocked and went under water and they came off...IN A DARK, DIRTY, BROWN RIVER!!!!!!  I was upset, bummed that I lost something, that, quite honestly was more sentimental than monetarily valuable.  I told Claude about it and he asked if I told any of the local kids so that they could "look" for them (as if you could find anything in that river water!!!).  Well, my wonderful, amazing husband went "fishing" for my sunglasses.  HE FOUND THEM!  I was amazed!  Impressed!  Proud!  WOW!  My incredibly persistent husband fished around in 10 ft. of murky water and found my sunglasses at the bottom of the river!  Did I neglect to mention that they DO NOT FLOAT!?!  Anyway, I was so impressed by me husband.  I've always told folks that Claude can do anything he puts his mind to!  I can't think of anything that he's set out to do that he's not done...with amazing results!  
I thank my Lord for such an incredible husband.  I know this story sounds silly to some, but to me, my husband is the most wonderful, thoughtful man I've ever been blessed to know!  I am truly a blessed wife!
I love you Claude!  You are my hero and I am so proud to be your wife!


4 comments:

Gentzlers said...

that is a great testimony of a fantastic relationship! keep on being a wonderful example to all those around you! we miss you guys.
Kathy

Sheila said...

thanks Friend! We miss ya'll too!

Laci Strickland said...

Holy Cow!! As soon as this post started, I was thinking, "Oh no, she must have lost them at Green Springs!!", but I never would have expected to hear they were found in that water!! Way to go Claude!! That is awesome!

Sheila said...

I know! Isn't it amazing!?! He's the best!