Tuesday, June 30, 2009

NOW! Where was I?!?

OK, so I left off at the youth pool party last Friday.  Well, that day was also my birthday.  Since we don't really have any money right now, we didn't plan on doing anything special.  Or so I was led to believe!  We got home from the pool party and took a nap.  Then, Claude suggests going to Chickfila and then Barnes & Nobles (since the food would be cheap and fairly healthy and the bookstore would be "free" entertainment!).  I was a little bummed, but went along with it.  He asked me if I was having a good birthday.  I can't lie to him.  I told him that it really wasn't anything special and was kinda like every other day.  I KNOW, I KNOW...it sounds childish and selfish.  BUT, I love celebrating birthdays!  I want balloons, streamers, cake, people, etc!  Anyway, he said that maybe it would get better by the end of the night.  SURE.  
We ate, went to the bookstore for a couple hours, then headed home to watch a movie and eat popcorn.  
When I walked into the kitchen thru (by way of the garage) the kids from Crosslink jumped out and yelled "SURPRISE!"  They are so sweet!  Claude said that 2 of the girls decided to give me a surprise birthday!  Isn't that the nicest thing?!?
So, I am now 38 years old.  I had a great birthday!  

Sunday night, at youth the Crosslink gang went to work on a project!  I can't tell you WHAT the project is YET.  Nor can I show you pictures YET!!!!  But, stay tuned to find out what they've been up to!  Trust me, you don't want to miss it!!!!

No comments: