Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A wake up call

You know, lately God has been really opening my eyes to how "human" I am and how "human" those around me are.  I was reading a blog about a church plant pastor in Georgia who, after 5 years of growing his church to over 1000 believers, had an affair with his assistant.  I am at a loss over this.  I have so many thoughts that go thru my mind over this type of thing.  My "human" side wants to know WHY did he do it?  WHY did he let his guard down?  WHY did he allow himself to be in a position that would open those doors?  Then, my "human" side gets very angry because it makes me think about the possibilities that could happen in my relationship with my husband.  It makes me doubt our commitment.  It makes me feel vulnerable.  It brings up memories of last September and what our church had to go thru.  
Then, my "Godly" side tries to remember the grace that God has shown me MILLIONS of times.  
My gracious wonderful God loves me and forgives me OVER AND OVER again.  He gently reminds me that NO ONE is perfect and NO ONE can be put on a pedestal.  Everyone will fall (all have sinned and fall short!).  My shortcomings and my sins may be "small" from a human perspective.  But, God doesn't have ruler for sin.  SIN IS SIN.  
So, I still have a difficult time getting past these kinds of things.  I'm just so grateful that God doesn't have a difficult time getting past my sins.  
Please pray for your leaders in your churches.  They have struggles and Satan attacks them relentlessly.  Please ask the Lord to guard them and put a hedge of protection around them daily.

No comments: