Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wonderful reminder

God reminded me today thru a wonderful friend, Jenn, just how blessed I am.  You see, it's been tight financially and of course, I worry.  I KNOW, I shouldnt worry about it.  God takes care of our needs.  Well, it's easy to know in my heart, but my head is logical.  And you know God...sometimes things don't work logically!  Anyway, I got up, fed the animals, had my time, paid our mortgage, went to Wal-mart and got groceries (BTW, healthy food is RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED!!!!), came home, went back to the gym to work out, went with Claude to get him a pair of jeans that ACTUALLY FIT HIM, then came home.  All this before noon.  I went online to check our account and got a little anxious.  The beginning of the month is always tight, but more so lately.  I started feeling a bit discouraged.  
Then, I read Jenn's blog.  She reminded me that I am blessed.  Sure, there may not be "extra" money around, but our bills are paid and we have a lovely house with air conditioning (Thank U Claude for being such a handy man!  I love you so much!).  We have food for me to fix fairly healthy meals!  We have vehicles that are paid for and STILL RUNNING (thank you Lord!)  We have a wonderful church and great friends who love us and pray for us.  We are blessed to have our overall health.  We have family who love us and pray for us.  We have neighbors who are actually opening up to us (again, God thank you for my husband and the wonderful Godly man that he is!).  We have opportunities to work with some of the best kids in the world!  I love them so much.  We have great leadership in our church.  We have so much more than I can list.  How great is my God that He gently reminds me of all the blessings He's given to us.  
Thank you Lord! 

4 comments:

Council Family said...

You and Claude are truly blessed and truly a blessing to all those around you.

Sheila said...

thank you! I certainly could say the exact same thing for you and your family! I hope everyone is doing well! When ya'll coming to visit all of us?!?

Gentzlers said...

What a great reminder to remember our blessings!
Kathy

Kim said...

Amen....